Cook - Full Time - Frisco
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehab
Shift Hours: 5:00am - 1:00pm or 10:00am -6:30pm
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
The Cook prepares quality, cost effective nutritious meals, with other production personnel, for patients, visitors, employees and catered functions.
Starting pay $17.00
Benefits of being a Cook with us:
- $2,500 Sign-On bonus
- Working with a collaborative dietary team
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to gain hospital experience
- Full benefits package for Full-time employees (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability, and tuition assistance)
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year cooking experience required
- Culinary Arts degree
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network