Health Information Credentialing Technician - Full Time
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Health Information Management Technician (HIT) /Credentialing - Full Time
Mon – Fri (on-site)
Starting Pay: $20.00 - $26.40
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
Benefits of working as an HIT:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- A network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
- You will assist in the maintenance of timely and accurate paper and electronic records in order to ensure the requirements are met for licensure and certification.
- Handling record processing and physician record completion.
- Filing transcribed reports and other documentation.
- Assisting with record inventory and storage.
- Managing record maintenance, as well as maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the release of medical information, following all department and regulatory guidelines.
- Verifying authorizations, recording incoming requests, processing requests, and communicating with requestor.
- Reviewing medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Requires a high school diploma
- Two (2) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a health care facility
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network