Clinical Liaison - Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Weekend Clinical Liaison (RN or RRT)
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
Do you want to explore a career opportunity on the business side of healthcare? The Clinical Liaison role combines, marketing, case management, and clinical consulting into one job. Although the Liaison position does not include direct patient care, you will use your clinical knowledge every day to advide hospital case managers and patients on the next next steps in recovery for their critically ill, post-ICU patients,
A Clinical Liaison serves as an advocate for patients during the pre-admission process. Under the general direction of the Director of Business Development, you work with all clinical teams and groups in evaluating both current and potential patients' statuses and medical needs. You serve as a resource for the hospital and healthcare professionals and develop results-producing relationships throughout the medical facilities.
Select Specialty Hospitals offer a post-ICU plan of care that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health. Clinical Liaisons help hospitals in their local communities to identify post-ICU patients who have entered into a state of chronic critical illness and will benefit from this specialized extension of acute care.
- Armed with a strong clinical background, payer knowledge and problem-solving skills, you’ll work with physicians, discharge planners and patient's families to plan the best continuum of care.
- Performs clinical assessments of referred patients, then counsels with patient's families to assist them in making the best care decisions for their loved one.
- Partners with hospital case managers to create smooth patient transfer processes and help remove payer-related and operational barriers to getting appropriate patients into this highly effective level of care.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Respiratory Therapist (RT) License.
- Other Educational and Clinical designations will be considered if the candidate has clinical liaison experience or acute, inpatient care experience.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Be an investigator and problem solver – use your critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles that prevent patients from being admitted into the optimal level of care.
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous and supportive of team efforts.
We are looking for someone willing to work every other weekend and to fill in for team members who go on PTO.
We will train you on all aspects of liaison work: marketing and communications skills,
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network