Hospital Cook - Baylor Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Fort Worth, TX
Shift Hours: Availability 5am-5:30pm
"As Needed"- PRN
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity.
Minimum Hourly Pay: $17.00/hr.
Benefits of becoming a Cook with us:
- Flexible scheduling
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
You will prepare delicious meals for patients and staff while practicing great cleanliness and hand hygiene.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two (2) years cooking experience required
- Culinary Arts degree
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network