Clinical Liaison (RN or RRT)
Clinical Liaison (RN / RRT) $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
FULL TIME | M-F 8am - 4:30pm
*Salaried Position w/ Uncapped Monthly Bonus Potential*
Are you looking to apply your clinical expertise in a new way?
As a Clinical Liaison for Select Specialty Hospital, you will escape the walls of one building and visit between various local hospitals to assist with discharge planning for LTAC appropriate patients.
Clinical Liaisons are consultants who advise doctors and case managers regarding which patients are candidates for Select Medical's specialized acute care services. Liaisons create their own daily schedules and manage their priorities in a way that expedites the patient transfer process safely and efficiently.
At Select Specialty Hospital, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 53,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
Your time is spent primarily “in the field” as you meet with referring hospital teams and patient families to assess the medical needs of patients and help facilitate patient transfers.
- You’ll use your extensive clinical background to work with physicians, discharge planners and patient's families to plan the best continuum of care.
- Perform clinical assessments of referred patients
- Counsel with patient's families to assist them in making the best care decisions for their loved one.
- Partners with hospital case managers to create smooth patient transfer processes and help remove payer-related and operational barriers to getting appropriate patients into this highly effective level of care.
This is a salaried position with uncapped monthly bonus potential. The hours are Monday-Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM..
This position requires self-discipline, and accountable independence.
A Clinical Liaison serves as an advocate for patients during the pre-admission process. Under the general direction of the Director of Business Development, you work with all clinical teams and groups in evaluating both current and potential patients' statuses and medical needs. You serve as a resource for the hospital and healthcare professionals and develop results-producing relationships throughout the medical facilities.
Our hospitals offer a post-ICU plan of care that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health. Our Clinical Liaisons help hospitals in the community identify post-ICU patients who have entered into a state of chronic critical illness and will benefit from this specialized extension of acute care.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Respiratory Therapist (RT) License.
- Past Med-Surge, Critical Care, PACU, ICU or other clinical expereince
- Other Educational and Clinical designation with approval of Vice President, Business & Market Development or designee
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Be an investigator and problem solver – use your critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles that prevent patients from being admitted into the optimal level of care.
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous and supportive of team efforts.
- Prior sales or business development experience is preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Significant Monthly bonus plan.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Mobile technology for use on the job.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network