Physical Therapist Assistant - Harford County, MD
Full time Physical Therapist Assistant for outpatient centers in Havre de Grace and Bel Air Maryland
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare!
Our community-oriented outpatient orthopedic centers in Bel Air and Havre de Grace, MD is looking for a compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistant to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities.
We have a multidisciplinary clinical staff treating a diverse population of teens through geriatrics offering ortho, sports medicine, spine, vestibular, workers comp, pelvic health, dry needling and hand therapy rehabilitative services. This is a great opportunity for a personable and outgoing clinician who thrives in team environments and is excited about outpatient orthopedics. New graduates are WELCOME to apply.
This is a split position between both Bel Air and Havre de Grace OP locations. You will have a set schedule for continuity of care and we will need 2-3 treating days until 7pm. Last patient is scheduled at 6pm. No weekends.
Unique Location/Job Details: This is a diverse orthopedic practice that treats a mix of pediatric to geriatric. Specialty services include neurological, vestibular, workers compensation and pelvic floor rehabilitation on top of general orthopedics.
You must have your Maryland Physical Therapist Assistant license to start. New Grads soon sitting for the exam are welcome.
- UNMATCHED continuing education program:
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- Graston, KT Tape and additional certifications PAID
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Company matching 401(k)
- Outlined pathways for leadership and professional growth
- Affordable PPO Benefits with multiple options available
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Sick Days
- Competitive salary and/or BONUS and more!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
NovaCare is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of 1900+ centers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license, registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network