Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
The Nurse Practitioner functions as a member of the primary care team and has the primary responsibility for the management of long term acutely ill patients. The NP works closely, collaboratively, and under the supervision of the collaborating physicians attending each patient.
Specific responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Provides direct patient services using evidenced based practice guidelines
- Participates in patient rounds daily with attending physician teams
- Presents a 24 hour patient report, collaborates in the plan of care, and follows the patient population throughout the day,
- Follows up on interventions, consults, and assesses for risks associated with the care of the complex chronically ill patient.
- Attends to discharges and new admissions and provides physicians with updates as required.
- Serves as the first responding clinician in the event of a patient status change requiring immediate attention.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the attending physician
- Obtains health histories, performs physical exams, collects and interprets data and clinical observations and initiates interventions.
- Communicates outcomes to the attending MDs, as needed.
- Provide education and leadership to the nursing staff , when appropriate
- Participates in performance improvement activities
- Current state licensure as Nurse Practitioner required.
- Valid BLS required upon hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RN must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
- Previous experience working in a hospital setting
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- FNP or Adult-Geriatric with acute care experience or ACNP preferred.
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Nurse Practitioner position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunitie
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network