Medical Front Office
SSM Health Physical Therapy - Outpatient Division
Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
This is an entry level position - starting pay is $16.50 per hour and goes up based on education and experience.
Full Time - 40 hours - Set schedule!
Monday - Friday
Clinic is open from 7:30 am-6:30 pm. A schedule of 40 hours will be set during those times.
This administration/front office medical position requires excellent customer service. The Patient Service Specialist (PSS) encompasses all front office duties, including but not limited to: insurance verification, customer service, data entry, scheduling, billing reconciliation, faxing, scanning, communication with doctors, multitasking and organization. To provide outstanding customer service to patients and staff.
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
- High School degree or diploma required
- Basic knowledge of computers skills including but not limited to keyboard familiarity and word processing, office procedures, filing, verbal and written communication skills, fax, photocopy required
- Customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, patients, physicians and community members required
- One year in medical office setting that required multi tasking preferred
- knowledge of health insurance preferred
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network