Hospital Cook, Per Diem/PRN
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
300 Market Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Cook - Inpatient Rehab
Shift Hours: Per Diem/PRN - As needed basis
Our rehab hospital in Saddle Brook, NJ (BERGEN COUNTY) is seeking for a Per Diem, Hospital Cook with our inpatient division. Opportunity offers up to 24 hours weekly. The work schedule will require some weekdays, weekend availability and holiday coverage. Work Hours:
- 5:30am - 1:30pm
- 11:00am - 7:00pm
- 8:00am - 4:00pm
Benefits of being a Cook with us:
- Pay Rate: $19/hr
- 8-hour shift
- Eligible for Shift Differentials
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement opportunities
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year cooking experience required
- Culinary Arts degree
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network