Miami, Florida 33155
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shifts
Our Inpatient Rehab Division has developed a robust, structured, and standardized program for RN’s who have recently graduated from nursing school. This program is called the “Nurse Internship Program.”
This 13 week program includes:
- New Employee Orientation (NEO)
- Tour & Scavenger Hunt
- Unit based orientation w/preceptor
- 2 scheduled 4-6 hour skills lab sessions
- Education via live webinars and Select University modules
- Observation/Shadow shifts with multiple disciplines
- Critical Thinking Scenarios
- CNO Weekly Huddles
- Guided Learning
Topics covered for new RNs includes:
- Introduction to New Grad
- Respiratory Issues for the RN
- Communication (SBAR)
- Time Management
- Discharge Planning
- Medication in Rehabilitation
- Bladder/Bowel Management
- Intro to Amputee
- Professional Boundaries
- LVAD (based on site)
- What is Inpatient Rehab?
- Care of the Dialysis Patient
- Suicide Prevention
- Health Literacy
- Care of the Medically Complex
- Lessons Learned/Tips for Success
- Stroke 101
- SCI 101: ( based on site programs)
- Brain Injury 101
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
- Clinical experience preferred.
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network