PRN Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Tampa, FL
Select Physical Therapy is now hiring PRN Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) in Tampa, FL!
The PRN ATC Athletic Trainers will support outreach at Cambridge Christian School in Tampa, FL. A Certified Athletic Trainer is involved in the Athletic Training Services program: fulfills medical coverage of contract school’s athletic events and practices in a substitution and or outreach capacity as a representative of Select Physical Therapy's Athletic Training Program. Newly licensed ATC graduates and experienced Athletic Trainers, APPLY!
Work Hours: PRN
Compensation: Starting at $25/hr
Benefit: UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors, and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with State Practice Act and reports to the Director of Athletic Training Services.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Understands the Per Diem role as a substitute AT and represents the company as well as the profession of Athletic Training with this in mind.
- Documents interactions and injuries as expected and instructed during Per Diem AT orientation.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required (FL)
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network