Respiratory Therapist (RT) / PRN Nights
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital located inside of Missouri Baptist
Respiratory Therapist (RT) - PRN/Per Diem
Competitive shift differentials for weekends
At Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals, you are taking care of the most vulnerable patients in your community. We care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 50,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient care experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
- Evaluating patient and recommending an appropriate treatment plan.
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions.
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Must possess "Active" CRT or RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- Current state licensure is required.
- Agency RT must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One (1) year of related experience is preferred.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network