Hospital Cook, Per Diem/PRN
*Hiring Event at Chester Campus Only*
Date: March 28
Time: 11am - 5pm
Address: 201 Pleasant Hill Road, Chester NJ 07930
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
201 Pleasant Hill Road, Chester, NJ 07930
Hospital Cook - Inpatient Rehab
Shift Hours: Per Diem/PRN, Thursday 11AM - 7PM and Saturday 5:30AM - 1:30PM
Our rehab hospital in Chester, NJ (MORRIS COUNTY) is seeking for a Per Diem, Hospital Cook to join our inpatient division.This opportunity offers 16-24 hours weekly with the potential of more. Come join our team - APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of being a Cook with us:
- Pay rate: $19/hr
- Shift Differential
- 8-hour shift
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
- One (1) year cooking experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Culinary Arts degree preferred
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Per Diem Requirement: Must be available to work 4 days per month, 2 must be weekend.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network