Pharmacist - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
Saddle Brook, New Jersey campus
Shift Weekdays/Weekends and alternative Saturdays
Pay rate $54 per hour
At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery.
Benefits of being a Pharmacist with us:
- Working with a collaborative clinical team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Work-life balance
- Ability to grow and learn
- Opportunity to gain hospital pharmacy experience
- Great orientation and training program
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement/relocation opportunities
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Pharmacist will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of pharmaceutical services provided by the hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations, and IV admixture.
- Performs all dispensing related functions. Entering medication orders into the computer generated patient profile, preparing, labeling, and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor's prescriptions, compounding oral and injectable pharmaceutical preparations using proper aseptic technique, and filling and checking medication cassettes to insure accuracy prior to delivery to the patient care unit. Prepares weekend and day pass medications for patients on leave from the hospital.
- Contacts and confers with physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders. Documents all recommendations and corrective actions taken in a clinical intervention report.
- Performs antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing pertinent culture and sensitivity information as well as laboratory data and makes therapeutic recommendations based upon these findings.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but are not limited to: attending Team Conferences, participating in patient related rounds, conducting medication management teaching, mentoring pharmacy students during their rotations, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and family members on discharge medications.
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relate to assigned functions. Serves as a resource to other departments for information needed. Participates in and contributes to outside professional activities or other projects.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effects and incompatibilities of currently available drugs. Maintains drug literature source to be at disposal of medical and other professional staff.
- Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required
- One or more years of experience in hospital pharmacy preferred
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network