Therapy Aide - Per Diem -Inpatient
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
West Orange, NJ
Pay rate $16 - Shift Hours: As needed, weekend and holiday days
Benefits of being a Therapy Aide with us:
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Competitive rates
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
Assists therapy staff with identification and transportation needs for patient care in the rehab treatment areas and with the coordination of care between rehab and nursing floors.
- Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- One or more years of hospital experience as therapy aide preferred
- Six months of general maintenance experience and use of hand/power tools preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network