Respiratory Therapy Manager
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital -Fort Thomas
Respiratory Therapy Manager
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You are responsible for the overall function and professional growth of the respiratory therapy department. You will provide consultation with regard to pulmonary disorders and respiratory therapy practice, and you will provide quality respiratory care while ensuring the development and routine monitoring. This position also provides discipline-specific education to patients, families and staff as required, and works collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer to ensure that all departmental standards are met while following the appropriate standards of practice to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the respiratory therapy department, to include: staff interviews, employment decision, orientation, performance evaluations, employee training and development, as well as inventory, equipment and instrument issues.
- Sharing responsibility for employee engagement, recruitment and retention.
- Implementing company standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding respiratory and point of care.
- Creating and maintaining clinical schedule for safe staffing.
- Maintaining clinical cost control.
- Coordinating and actively participating in Wean Team/Pulmonary Rounds and maintaining a direct line of communication with pulmonary physicians to facilitate/implement and routinely monitor weaning patients from mechanical ventilation; if protocols do not exist, works toward site-specific protocol implementation.
- Steering progressive clinical excellence through staff development while promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients and their families.
- Maintaining competency in Rapid Response and code events.
- Site-Dependent: Functioning as Moderate Complexity Lab Manager over point of care testing and functioning as the Safety Officer, overseeing the Environment of Care.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Current State License.
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist Credential (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- ACLS within 6 months of employment required.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy required, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an Acute Care setting preferred.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.