Registered Nurse (RN)- Full-time Day Shift
Select Specialty Hospital Registered Nurse Open House
Thursday, February 16 | 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
555 Washington Street, San Diego, CA 92103
Stop by and learn more about how you can use your talents and clinical skills to make a difference in the lives of critically ill
patients in our community at Select Specialty Hospital.
RSVP Today: https://intsignup.indeed.com/interview/openhouse
Registered Nurse Opportunities
Charge Nurse-Night Shift- $51.29-$68.00
Full-time – Day & Night Shift - $48.29-$65.00
Per Diem- Day & Night Shift- $62.00
*plus shift differentials for nights & weekends
$10,000 sign-on bonus for full-time RNs
Cannot attend Open House but want to learn more, schedule a time to chat via phone:
Select Specialty Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
(San Diego, CA)
Full-time Day Shift
3- 12 hour shifts per week with rotating weekends
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Pay Rate: $48.29-$65.00 per hour plus shift differentials for nights & weekends
$4 weekday shift / $7 Weekend shift
Who is Select Specialty Hospital San Diego?
Select Specialty Hospital is located in downtown San Diego on Washington Street. As a 110-bed free-standing Critical Illness Recovery Hospital, we treat medically complex patients who need more support before starting their road to recovery. Our team is dedicated to creating a safe and collaborative environment. We provide a comprehensive training program preparing clinical team members to treat and care for a wide variety of diagnoses and high acuity patients. Typically patients stay with us for 25-30 days, allowing our team to build rapport with patients and their families
At Select Specialty, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
You will ensure that the nursing care plan is being followed by being a Champion of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
- Receiving admissions and/or transfers to the unit.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Timely and accurate documentation using appropriate systems.
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs and telemetry.
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Instructing and counseling patients/families.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RN must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Clinical experience preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling up to $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.