Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / PRN
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Reporting directly to the Occupational Therapist, you will be treating patients with complex needs and challenging diagnoses.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions as indicated in collaboration with an OT.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. Successful employees are passionate about providing a superior quality of care and are inventive problem solvers who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Must have successfully completed (or be eligible to complete) the NBCOT examinations for Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Possess Occupational Therapy Assistant license in the state that the job is located in.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Critical care experience in a hospital setting is a plus.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.