Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Respiratory Therapy Supervisor - Full Time
Pay Rate: $35.00 - $38.00 (Based on Years of Experience - can vary)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
As the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor, you will ensure the administration of quality of patient care. You will also oversee, guide and mentor the respiratory staff to ensure the plan of care for the patient population is being followed.
You are responsible for the 24-hour operations of the respiratory therapy department.
- Developing all technical policies, procedures, and standards governing the organization and operations of the Cardio-Pulmonary Services Department.
- Assuming responsibility for the clinical execution of technical procedures.
- Steering progressive clinical excellence through staff development.
- Sharing responsibility for employee engagement, recruitment and retention.
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions.
- Implementing company standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
- Creating and implementing schedule for safe staffing.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Current State License.
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist Credential (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- ACLS within 6 months of employment required.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Care Program Required, Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy Preferred.
- Three (3) years experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an Acute Care setting preferred.
- One (1) year supervisory experience within the last three years is preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.