Occupational Therapist - Spinal Cord Injury
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
SCI Program - Full Time
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity.
Starting salary based on 1 year of experience: $72,134.00
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Seeking a full time Occupational Therapist with a passion for treating patients with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) to join a multidisciplinary team in the Outpatient setting. We are searching for a clinician to contribute to continued growth of our comprehensive day treatment program focusing on return to highest level of independence possible, as well as community reintegration for patients with SCI. Patients will be treated 6 hours/day, 3 days per week. The successful candidate will have strong experience treating both the SCI population, as well as patients with other neurological impairments (e.g. stroke, Brain Injury, and neurodegenerative disease). In addition to specialized care for those with SCI, the candidate will collaborate with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to serve patients with other neurological diagnoses.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate the patient's level of functioning and develop an individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.