Medical Front Office - Float
SSM Health Physical Therapy - Outpatient Division
Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
This is an entry level position - starting pay is $17.50 per hour and goes up based on education and experience.
FT East Float PSS
***Coverage Locations Include: St. Clair/Madison/Monroe/St. Louis Counties and surrounding areas .***
Monday - Friday - Hours vary Between 7:00am-7:00pm
A schedule of 40 hours will be sent to you on Fridays for the following Monday through Friday.
This role will travel to different clinics daily to cover call-ins, medical leaves, FMLA, vacation time, etc. in the St. Louis Metro area.
Looking for a customer service oriented person to handle front office activities in a fast paced environment. Looking for a customer service, detail oriented individual who is able to work in a fast paced environment. Task includes check in, check out, insurance verifications, scheduling, reports, faxing and scanning and other office duties. To provide outstanding customer service to patients and staff.
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
- High School degree or diploma required
- Basic knowledge of computers skills including but not limited to keyboard familiarity and word processing, office procedures, filing, verbal and written communication skills, fax, photocopy required
- Customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, patients, physicians and community members required
- One year in medical office setting that required multi tasking preferred
- knowledge of health insurance preferred
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.