Dietary Aide - Frisco
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Food Service Aide
We are hiring for Food Service Aide to assist with washing dishes, cleaning, and food prep!
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity. Minimum Hourly Pay: $14.75/per hour
Benefits of joining our team:
- Working with a collaborative dietary team
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to gain hospital experience
- Full benefits package for Full-time employees (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability, and tuition assistance
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Food Service Aide performs a variety of patient food services, dining room and dish room services, as well as, other related tasks. The Food Service Aide prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays, delivers trays to dining room or patients’ units, works in the dish room, and in pots and pans washing area as needed; also serves foods in the cafeteria, cleans cafeteria tables, and service counter area after meals. Dietary Aides are expected to adhere to the facility and departmental policies and procedures and to follow proper sanitation, safety, and infection control policies. This position does not provide direct patient care.
Job Duties include:
- Prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays
- Delivers trays to dining room or patients’ units
- Works in the dish room, and in pots and pans washing area as needed
- Serves foods in the cafeteria, cleans cafeteria tables, and service counter area after meals
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous healthcare food service experience preferred
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.