Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
PRN "As Needed"
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
This position is located at our beautiful brand new facility, located next to our Downtown Dallas Rehabilitation hospital on the BUMC campus. Our Neuro Transitional Rehab is for patients rehabilitation from TBI, that need a longer transition before they go home. The facility is made up of 9 suites where patients live full time as they learn to adapt to tasks, environments, and challenges that they will encounter daily.
- Types correspondence, memoranda, reports and records, as requested. Prepares computer spreadsheets as necessary. Initiates correspondence or reports for the Hospital CEO.
- Answers the telephone, screens calls and receives guests of the Hospital CEO.
- Performs various routine tasks and basic problem solving to assist in discharging responsibilities.
- Prepares and mails various meeting packets related to respective facility
- Prepares quarterly reports that track and trend patient complaints, patient and employee focus group comments.
Distributes various reports. Performs photocopying as needed.
- Attends administrative meetings, records minutes, transcribes and distributes minutes to all appropriate parties.
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance to various departments that are under the direct report of the Hospital CEO.
- Schedules all Facility Management Team Meetings and other meetings as necessary. Generates and distributing the appropriate Event Orders for these meetings. Sends meeting reminder notification to appropriate staff.
Opens and distributes all incoming mail. Screens all incoming correspondence, and, in the absence of the Hospital CEO refers materials requiring immediate attention to the appropriate department.
- Maintains administrative files that are accurate and orderly.
- Maintains and distributes petty cash for the facility as requested.
- Ensures confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree or additional coursework/related certificates preferred.
2. Proficiency in various computer applications/programs (Office Suite) required.
3. Previous experience in an administrative role required.
4. Hospital and/or healthcare experience preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.