RN - Nursing Supervisor
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
RN Nursing Supervisor
Seeking RN to fill Nursing Supervior Title
$20,000 Sign- On Bonus
Why work for SSH Nashville?
-Multiple Options for Flexible Scheduling
-No mandatory on-call hours
-Free convenient parking
-Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) with bonuses between $2,000-$4,800 annually
-Opportunity to obtain PCCN/or CCRN certification through Select
At Select Specialty, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The primary purpose of the Nursing Supervisor (RN) is to administer and supervise the clinical care being provided. You will be responsible for all safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation and handling disciplinary issues.
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned shift.
- Effectively managing resources and promoting a team-like atmosphere.
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a climate of learning.
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members.
- Implementing the staffing plan for your scheduled shift.
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the rehabilitation goals.
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs.
- Ensuring that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License.
- BLS required upon hire.
- ACLS required prior to completion of orientation.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.