Opportunity for a Full Time Occupational Therapist in Wasilla, AK!
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE
SIGN ON BONUS
NPTE PREP COURSE FOR ALL NEW GRADS
Experience the power of physical therapy! Our physical therapy center in Wasilla, AK is looking for a compassionate and driven licensed Occupational Therapist to provide exceptional patient care experiences. You would be joining a team of established therapists working with a pediatric patient population. Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected physical therapy team that provides preventative and rehabilitative services that help improve quality of life for the community in which they live and work. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy. NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY!
Select Physical Therapy offers:
- SIGN ON BONUS
- STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE
- NPTE Prep Course for all New Grads
- Unmatched Continuing Education Program
- Full-time status at 32 hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off , Sick Time, and Holidays
- Markets Managed Locally
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts and perks on good and services
- And much more!
Select Physical Therapy offers the country’s largest continuing education program. We are UNMATCHED meaning we offer the most CEU courses, certifications, residencies and journal clubs than any other company, industrywide. Our Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) certification program is a dedicated yearlong program that includes outlined courses, monthly meetings, study groups and guides to stay on track towards your COMT goals. Other certifications available include, but not limited to; OCS, SCS, CSCS, Dry Needling, NCS, oncology, pelvic health (Herman & Wallace) and more.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
At Select Physical Therapy, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At Select Physical Therapy, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type, frequency and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration with the referring physician.
- Responsible for the supervision and delegation of the occupational therapy care for each patient within the guideline of state rules and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the alteration of each patient’s program as changes in the patient’s status occur.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Participate in student clinical affiliation programs in agreement with Select Physical Therapy student manual.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or procedures with the approval of the manager and referring physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent patient information to referring physicians, staff, employers, insurance carriers, and rehabilitation specialists.
- Enhances, develops and expands relationships with referral sources and maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions. Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.