Director of Pharmacy - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Hospital*
Director of Pharmacy
“Please be advised that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Kessler’s market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.”
Kessler Inpatient Rehab hospital is currently seeking a Director of Pharmacy to join their collaborative leadership team. The Director of Pharmacy serves as a mentor to the pharmacy team and plays a key role in developing and growing their staff. This is a great opportunity for a strong Pharmacist who is looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced director looking to join a dynamic organization.
Kessler Institute offers a competitive salary and incentive program
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Student debt benefit program
Ensures the provision of pharmaceutical services, including clinical pharmacy services, throughout the individual campus. Maintains liaisons with outside groups or agencies as needed. Assumes all of the duties and responsibilities of “Pharmacist-in-Charge” as specifically delineated in the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Regulations 13:39.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As the Pharmacy leader for your facility, you will report and closely collaborate with your CEO and other clinical teams. You are responsible for the clinical, operational, administrative, staffing and financial management of the hospital pharmacy.
- Correctly preparing all drugs and chemicals.
- Ensuring compliance with standards of The Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory bodies.
- Managing and administering the Adverse Drug Reaction Program.
- Developing and participating in new employee training and education programs.
- Participating in quality assurance programs related to drug utilization and effectiveness.
- Participating in patient drug therapy monitoring.
- Promoting an environment of continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients and their families.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure.
- A minimum of three (3) years of hospital experience within the last 5 years.
- BLS if required by State.
- Must maintain a current license in the state of practice.
- Prefer Board Certification and/or Residency.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Pharm D or BS Pharm plus advanced degree or completion of hospital pharmacy residency is preferred.
- One (1) year in a managerial role preferred.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.