Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Youngstown State University
Youngstown State University and Novacare are looking for Certified Athletic Trainers to join our team!
Youngstown State University and NovaCare Rehabilitation are collaborating to deliver exceptional Sports Medicine care to the student athlete population of Youngstown State University. While reporting directly to the NovaCare Director of Sports Medicine for Northern Ohio, the Athletic Trainer will be coordinated on-site by the YSU Director of Sports Medicine working under the medical supervision of the YSU Medical Director. We are looking for: 7 Assistant ATC's and 1 Senior ATC for football
These will be 12-month positions. YSU is an NCAA Div. I athletics program with modern facilities and industry leading standards with oversight from a former NATA President as Deputy Athletics Director confirming a positive workplace with appropriate expectations and seeking excellence in sports medicine. Sport assignments will be based on experience and needs of the program. YSU and NovaCare currently have openings for 8 assignments within the YSU Athletics Program: Football, Football/Cheer/Spirit, Football/Track & Field, Women’s Soccer/Cheer/Spirit, Swimming, Softball/Swimming, Lacrosse, Baseball, Volleyball/Bowling, Cross Country/Track & Field
The Senior Athletic Trainer will coordinate healthcare for the football team including emergency management, orthopedic care, and illness management. YSU supports a performance excellence model with expected coordination of services with sports performance, performance nutrition, mental health, and athletic academics. Other responsibilities include communication to coaches, sports performance coaches, support staff, and administration, student athlete education and facilitation of teamwork amongst AT staff providing healthcare for football. YSU is an NCAA Div. I athletics program with modern facilities and industry leading standards with oversight from a former NATA President as Deputy Athletics Director confirming a positive workplace with appropriate expectations and seeking excellence in sports medicine.
Compensation: commensurate with experience, starting at $50,000
Full Time Benefits:
- Unmatched continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications, and more. FREE
- Company matching 401K
- Affordable PPO benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
Work Schedule and Team Assignments: 1 senior ATC for football, other assignments are TBD
NovaCare is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia, as well as over 500 Athletic Training Contracts. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Masters Degree REQUIRED
- Applicants will have a Master’s Degree in Athletic Training
- Ohio AT license: AT Board of Ohio; BOC, Inc. Certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Minimum qualifications include collegiate healthcare experience and autonomous medical decision-making experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in verbal and written communication, evening and weekend hours required, valid driver’s license required.
- 4 years of collegiate health care experience
- Athletic Training Accredited Residency training preferred.
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.