Athletic Trainer Certified - Bridgton, ME
Saco Bay PT is seeking a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Bridgton, ME!
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Must have BOC certification with ME license eligibility before you begin. This position will be required to cover training sessions and games at Bridgton Academy, a private college prep school in Western Maine.
Salary: commensurate with experience, starting at $42,000
Schedule: Full-time, 40hrs/wk
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive salary, BONUS and more!
Select Physical Therapy and Saco Bay Physical Therapy are part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 39 states. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, Physio and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Seeks outreach opportunities and participates in events to promote the company (races, club teams, etc).
- Able to assist in the development of marketing strategies which lie within the athletic trainer’s area of clinical expertise.
- BS Degree Required
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association certification
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- State Licensure (ME)
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.