Physical Therapist Assistant - New Britain, CT (Liberty Square Location)
Physical Therapist Assistant
Select Physical Therapy Outpatient
Salary starts at $55,000/yr
1 Liberty Square
New Britain, CT
Our community-oriented outpatient orthopedic center is looking for a compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistant to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. We have experienced physical therapists on staff at our Liberty Square location seeking a full time CT licensed physical therapist assistant. We treat a diverse population of teens through geriatrics with a heavy concentration of sports medicine and workers compensation on top of general orthopedics and aquatics.
We are able to consider new graduate physical therapist assistants. You MUST have your Connecticut PTA license to begin. This is a full time 40 hour work week with three to four nights until 7pm for this active sports med and ortho population. No weekends.
Our highly trained and respected clinical team provides treatment services that maximize functionality and promote the best optimal outcomes for our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatments and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans focused on helping each patient achieve their specific goals and get back to the things that are important to them. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Unique Location/Job Details: This is a diverse orthopedic practice that sees a diverse patient mix from pediatric to geriatric.
- Industry-leading continuing education opportunities.
- Diverse patient mix including sports medicine.
- Ask about our learning opportunities including journal clubs and study groups.
- Career development programs.
- We offer excellent benefits including.
- An unmatched Continuing Education Program.
- Certification and specialist programs.
- Company match 401K.
- Generous paid time off.
- Multiple PPO insurance options.
Senior Regional Recruiter – Outpatient Division
Select Physical Therapy
Banner Rehabilitation, Select Physical Therapy,
Regions: AZ, CT
Select Physical Therapy is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of almost 1800 centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.