Accounts Payable Supervisor
The supervisor position is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, updating work flow standards including policies and procedures to ensure productivity, accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable for Utilities, Refunds, Supplier Maintenance and AP Hotline. Oversee electronic and direct deposit account set-ups, accurately establishing and modifying supplier information within the accounts payable system to ensure it complies with the Internal Revenue Service regulations and in accordance to Select Medical Policies and Procedures. Assist with year-end preparation and submission of forms to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Demonstrate behaviors and attitudes consistent with Select Medical’s Mission Statement and Core Values. Demonstrates, maintain and uphold expectations set forth in the organizational Code of Conduct, including but not limited to confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information, time, attendance and punctuality.
- Accomplish individual and team goals and objectives. Seek to clarify objectives when not clear. Self-motivated to meet and/or exceed the expectations of the job function. Display strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines. Possess strong attention to detail skills.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers, co-workers and management to create a positive work environment. Communicate with focus on accomplishing objectives. Avoid blame and focus on learning instead. Share information with others, balancing confidentiality and sensitivity with the need to communicate to remove silos.
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to customer service excellence in all interactions with internal and external customers by responding to customers in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Promote workplace safety through safe behaviors and by identifying potential risks, addressing them whenever possible and communicating those risks up the chain of command.
- Identify and initiate professional growth through continued learning, self-study and involvement in professional activities and organizations.
- Supervise the Shared Services Accounts Payable Special Teams to include, interviews, reviews, mentoring, work assignments and discipline.
- Lead the Shared Services Accounts Payable Special Teams (Refunds, Supplier Maintenance, Utilities) and oversee invoice processing, uploads and RFP’s to include working with other teams and approvers as needed.
- Document and maintain the Accounts Payable policies and procedures for Refunds, Supplier Maintenance, Utilities and Hotline. Have a solid understanding of all processes and facilitate and work with other teams (CBO’s, Suppliers and other departments) to drive efficiency and accuracy across the organization.
- Oversee establishing and modifying supplier information into Oracle in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service regulations and Select Medical Policies and Procedures.
- Complete year-end preparation and review of supplier 1099 forms and submit to Internal Revenue Service.
- Review and gain approval of all policy updates/changes with Management prior to implementation.
- Manage daily and monthly reporting on volumes in order to maintain efficiency in resource allocation for Utility and Refund teams.
- Manage precise entry of all payables and daily uploads for utilities and refunds and ensure they are processed according to established SLA’s.
- Manage the Accounts Payable Internal audit process according to policy to reduce risk related to fraud.
- Review and manage quarterly reporting to ensure suppliers are set-up, maintained and reported to the IRS accurately and based on IRS regulations.
- Review and manage quarterly reporting to ensure supplier inquiries are completed and closed according to established SLA’s.
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions and/or joint ventures into our accounts payable systems and processes.
- Lead team in system implementations, upgrades and patches as needed. Work with management team to identify and schedule appropriate resources needed for testing.
- Perform monthly duplicate invoice review to ensure invoices are not duplicate paid or are resolved in a timely manner. Minimize $’s aging past acceptable levels as established by Accounts Payable leadership.
- Support special projects and undertake other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a high volume environment.
- Strong analytical and time management skills required.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Experience with large-scale financial systems (Oracle, Outlook, ServiceNow) required.
- Experience with recording W-9’s, W-8’s and filing 1099’s to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Strong communication skills and confidentiality.
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.