Respiratory Therapist (RT) - New Graduate $10,000 Sign-On!
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital-Cincinnati
New Graduate Respiratory Therapist (RT)
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Under the direct supervision of the Licensed Respiratory Therapist, the new graduate Respiratory Therapy performs procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient data.
- Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and equipment to the patients, and provides necessary education upon discharging to home.
- Conducts physician prescribed treatments of a routine nature operating various respiratory equipment, various oxygen and aerosol devices, and various nebulizer devices in order to administer prescribed medications, humidification and oxygenation.
- Performs chest physiotherapy by operating various equipment to promote secretion clearance.
- Performs suctioning of the patient by various methods (oropharyngeal, nasal and tracheal).
- Performs oximetry and capnography monitoring, 12-Lead EKG and basic arrythmia recognition and pulmonary function studies (i.e. NIF, VC etc).
- Assists with procedures relating to respiratory care (i.e. Bronchoscopy, Perc Trachs, Chest Tube placement, etc.).
- Performs adequate drainage of chest via PleurX catheter or similar device where applicable.
- Performs tracheostomy care, including insertion and removal of tracheostomy tubes, as well as, endotracheal tubes via free hand technique and/or video laryngoscope system.
- Performs arterial puncture according to policy and is able to determine efficiency of ventilation, as well as monitoring, recording and reporting of test results.
- Records all pertinent information of treatments, and patient response to treatments on respiratory care records and patient chart.
- Communicates with attending and pulmonary physician's concerning the efficiency of therapy administered to the patient.
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to the Licensed Respiratory Therapist.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Graduate of accredited program for Respiratory Therapy.
- Must possess "Active" CRT or RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- Current state licensure required. Student or Educational permit to practice acceptable based on individual state regulations.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RT must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire)
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.