Patient Account Representative - MC Claims
Do you enjoy puzzles and research? Are you results-oriented?
If so, our Patient Account Representative position may be a phenomenal career for you within Select Medical!
Starting at $16.00 per hour
Why work for Select?
- We are committed to your growth and success
- Career Advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay, benefits and PTO
- Eligible for referral bonuses
- Thorough orientation program
- Team oriented environment
- No required weekends
Our dynamic team has the responsibility of resolving outstanding insurance claims so that our patients are not impacted.
We offer an exceptional employee experience, full-time hours, full benefits, paid training, and advancement opportunities.
Our team offers flexible, first shift, Monday through Friday schedules. This would include two fifteen minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. We allow for casual work attire, jeans are our norm!
As a member of the Account Receivables team, you will resolve unpaid insurance claims balances accurately. You will independently work towards daily goals with the greater team goal of ensuring our patients are not billed incorrectly.
Our paid-training will ensure you are given the tools and foundation to analyze accounts and the ability to contact the payors (Insurance Companies) in a professional fashion.
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment. Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Review accounts with initial evaluations as early as 21 days old in order to confirm that clean claims are reaching the correct payor.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables and DSO.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of open receivables.
- Counsel patients on financial options and establish payment plan or begin dunning letter process and follow-up as needed.
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via write off requests and refund requests.
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and cash targets as set forth by management
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of customer service experience – Retail/Hospitality/Banking/Healthcare
- Healthcare collections experience with exposure to the most common insurance carrier websites.
- Experience working in a production based environment where daily, weekly and monthly goals are set and routinely met.
- Have experience with receiving feedback regarding quality of work.
- Self-Motivated and Accountable
- Previous telephone collections experience and ability to communicat effectively.
- Proficient in trouble shooting minor software and hardware issues
- Ability to work independently and resourceful in problem solving
- Office Environment
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.