Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem (PRN)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
You will complete a variety of pharmacy tasks and services, including being responsible for the daily operations of the pharmacy within the established policies and guidelines. You will work under the direction of a licensed pharmacist, and you are able to work independently. You will not provide direct care to patients.
- Picking up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and preparing medications under the supervision of the pharmacist on shift.
- Delivering the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s).
- Assisting with accurate billing and crediting of patient medications.
- Maintaining drugs in the pharmacy in accordance with the Drug Formulary, to include ordering, receiving, storing and filling out all necessary paperwork.
- Monitoring doses administered according to the Medication Administration Record on the narcotics sign-out record.
- Maintaining all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, as you will be reading and updating patient charts. You will also know how to create compound medications, IV fluids, nutritional mixtures, etc.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred unless required by the State.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.