RN Wound Care Manager
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
RN Wound Care Manager (RN)
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Wound care experience in critical care setting and CWOCN certification preferred.
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
Assumes responsibility for the overall functions and professional growth of the department, facilitates adherence to policies, procedures, and programs, provides consultation with regard to wound/skin disorders and wound care and prevention practices, and facilitates the achievement of maximum therapeutic care potential for patients. Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the wound care department in accordance with Select Medical policies and procedures, CMS/state rules, regulations, and TJC standards.
- Works directly with physician, and facility leadership to facilitate initiatives and projects, including data collection, implementation, and outcome monitoring.
- Works closely with site leadership, wound care staff, and medical staff to manage wound care department.
- Develops strategic plans, identifies opportunities for new technology and anticipates future needs for personnel and equipment. Ensures equipment management according to manufacturers guidelines.
- Responsible for adherence to wound care program strategies, standards and guidelines based on EBP.
- Manages wound care department to ensure on-going coverage for routine wound care delivery.
- Assists in all licensing/accreditation survey process and preparation. Collaborates to insure compliant infection control and regulatory readiness.
- Initiates an on-going systematic assessment of the physical, emotional, social, educational, and functional needs of the patient/family through interview, observation, and physical examination. Develops a definitive plan of care jointly with the physician. Assures that the patient receives effective wound/ skin treatment, Moisture associated (MASD)i prevention/ treatment and prevention of pressure injury therapeutic care. Interprets assessment data and information to develop a nursing care plan, which contains problem identification, nursing diagnosis, nursing orders, approaches, interventions, short/long term goals, and discharge planning.
- Ensures every wound patient has a mobility plan and a therapeutic repositioning plan. Works in collaboration with the Rehab Therapy Manager to create, advise, implement and promote the mobility program for all ventilated patients.
- Conducts wound care assessments and patient discharge by evaluating treatment, documentingmedication administration utilizing the appropriate protocols, assessing condition the wounds. Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings (IDT) and reports patient goals, progress, and barriers to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
- Performs a visual skin inspection on all patients every seven (7) days. Takes photographs and measurements of all wounds every seven (7) days and places documentation in the patient's chart.
- Valid State RN license.
- Valid BLS.
- CWCN and CWON certifications.
- MSN preferred.
- CWOCN preferred.
- Three years of clinical wound experience preferred.
- Management or administrative experienced preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling up to $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.