IT Business Intelligence Specialist II - 100% remote option
Business Intelligence Specialist II
**This role can be remote, ideally Hybrid, but we are open to remote**
***Employer will NOT sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 50,000 employees operates or supports nearly 102 hospitals specializing in critical illness recovery, 35 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,000 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy. In addition, Select Medical offers occupational health and urgent care services at nearly 500 locations through our Concentra brand. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com
Business Intelligence Analyst I is a development resource for the Business Intelligence team and is responsible for independent development of quality, on-time solutions. The role requires a passion for data and technology, an understanding of business processes and goals, and the ability to combine these specialties into actionable business intelligence solutions for a rapidly growing organization.
This job will have access to confidential and sensitive information, and therefore requires ongoing discretion and strict compliance to all information security policies.
- Develop data and analytical solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborate with BI team and keep the projects on-time and tracked accurately in TFS
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the organization’s source systems
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of all of the business intelligence toolset
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the Select business units, their processes and goals
- Coordinate testing to ensure all BI solutions meets the highest quality standards
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to continuously improve processes and workflow
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
Candidate will have a strong interest in reporting, analytics, and data (business intelligence).
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 1+ years of experience in reporting and analytics
- 1+ years of experience with enterprise data experience (SQL and/or data warehouse environment)
- 1+ years of experience working in a collaboration platform such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar (Jira, Trello, etc)
- 1+ years of healthcare industry knowledge
- 1+ years of experience with Epic Cogito, Clarity, or Caboodle
- 1+ years of experience with analytics (MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI)
- 1+ years of experience with reporting (SSRS)
- 1+ years of experience with user interface/user experience design (UI/UX)
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Flexible Remote work available
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.