Director of Design and Construction
Select Medical is seeking an experienced Construction Director to oversee, plan and manage multiple hospital construction projects nationwide. The Director reviews construction and mechanical plans for compliance with code standards, company standards, contract requirements and engineering /construction principles.
- Reviews engineering and construction plans for compliance with code standards, company standards, contract requirements and engineering and construction principles.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor construction projects with a focus on technical development, engineering, design, and code compliance.
- Schedules and attends construction meetings.
- Identifies and resolves any compliance, permit and code issues in a way that keep construction projects within budget and on schedule.
- Conducts periodic facility reviews to ensure compliance with Life Safety Codes (NFPA) and licensure requirements.
- Review and update the facility assessment check list and make changes were needed.
- Assist in implementing policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for the patients and the staff.
- Help with staff training in regards to line safety.
- Work with Facility Directors of free standing hospitals to maintain and improve the infrastructure system.
- Work with hospital safety line officers, leadership, and clinician to respond and correct any deficiencies noted by local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Extensive travel is required.
- BA/BS preferred in Construction Management or related Services.
- Five years’ experience coordinating construction projects in the healthcare industry.
- Strong healthcare electrical systems experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working with Federal/State/Local agencies.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AIA Guidelines and NFPA requirements for Healthcare Facilities.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.