Patient Services Representative - Per Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Patient Services Representative - Per Diem $25.00
**Hours are 1:30pm – 10pm – with Variable Days.
Flexibility with a 7 day Scheduling is key **
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery.
Responsible for providing patients and visitors a point of customer service for concerns related to the care received and for allocating resources within the department to provide service recovery and ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Welcomes all new patients and assists in their orientation to the hospital. Answers routine and frequently asked questions. If unable to answer questions, refers specific questions/concerns to the appropriate team member.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills including in-person, by phone or in writing. Communication skills include being articulate, active listening skills, appropriate body language, being patient and polite.
- Assists with day-to-day functions, events and services that promote an excellent patient experience.
- Responsible for the distribution, collection and data entry of the hospital patient satisfaction survey.
- Rounds on patients daily to discuss patient experience with emphasis on the importance of survey completion and submission.
- Serves as patient ambassador in soliciting patient testimony of exceptional care and communicates staff compliments to staff and management. Ensures patients have the various internal and external methods in which to communicate a positive hospital experience.
- Identifies and understands patient concerns/complaints and is able to escalate to the appropriate department manager immediately. Provides service recovery, feedback and assurance that concerns have been resolved wherever appropriate. Demonstrates problem-solving skills to determine solutions to patients concerns. If unable to resolve, escalates concern to the appropriate leader.
- Provides testimony to leadership of safety stories including the good catches and the opportunities.
- Participates in hospital committees/activities such as Employee Engagement Committee, Patient Experience Committee, as requested. Assists in supporting patient focused service amenities.
- Performs as the brand ambassador to the hospital and provides excellent customer service in interactions with patients and staff.
- Rounds on all newly admitted patients and ensures safety and satisfaction.
- Rounds on all discharging patients to ensure safe discharge and to facilitate any last minute concerns the patients may have.
- Staff the reception desk intermittently, which includes answering telephones, directing guests, welcoming patients and practitioners.
- Receives patients at ambulance bay, escorts them to patient rooms, and provides warm hand off to nursing staff.
- Produces excel spreadsheets to demonstrate patient concerns with daily follow up.
- Creates graphs/charts to demonstrate retrospectively the volume and quality of the work done by the department.
- Liaises between the patient and all departments in the hospital to advocate for patient and family needs.
- Performs administrative duties and other tasks as requested.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year customer service experience required
- Experience in service recovery roles strongly preferred
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their individual medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network