Select Physical Therapy is looking for a Full time Centralized Scheduler who will be responsible for scheduling our patients for therapy throughout an assigned region. A Centralized Scheduler candidate has excellent organizational skills, as well as strong analytical skills, including troubleshooting and problem solving. We're looking for someone with strong customer service and interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail and commitment to quality and process improvement.
We are building a highly trained and respected team that will provide preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote the well-being of our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatment and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans that help each patient achieve their specific goals. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to our patients and grow with the NATION’S LEADER IN OUTPATIENT PHYSICAL THERAPY!
- Familiarity with rehab therapy treatment and medical terminology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Services and product lines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at multiple levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work as a team to ensure office is working efficiently and that all calls are made timely to potential patients and referral sources.
- Responsible for accurate procedure scheduling.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, healthcare team members the time of visit, visit expectations, facility directions and web address to access New Patient paperwork.
- Requests an accurate clinical history as necessary for the exam. Provides instructions and specific preparations to the individual scheduling the procedure.
- Reviews and evaluates scheduled appointments for completeness.
- Assists with pre-registration process by obtaining demographic information and insurance information.
- Receives Physician orders and schedules procedures by both telephone and electronic media.
- Obtains provisional diagnosis, Physician orders and patient history to substantiate the requested treatment.
- Communicates scheduling concerns to the Center Manager or market leader.
- Communicate scheduled appointments with team members at the center and scans in any supporting documentation.
- Place calls to patients for Prehab scheduling for pre-surgical appointment.
- Works closely with the marketing department for additional opportunities to develop referral sources, as well as reports any barriers to receiving referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facility location: Houston, Texas
- Type of Employment: Full time
- Hours: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in Healthcare field dealing with customer service.
- Excellent telephone skills are a must, as is a strong computer and technological background.
- Industry Specific Customer Service Certification preferred.
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred, OR 2 years experience in similar role.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- Ability to independently lift twenty-five (25) pounds of weight.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.