Student Nurse Tech
UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Student Nurse Tech
Per Diem/ As Needed
Day Shift: 6:45am to 7:15pm
Night Shift: 6:45 pm - 7:15 am
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
This position is designed for aspiring Registered Nurses who are interested in gaining more experience in a hospital setting. Once you have graduated and completed your NCLEX, you will have the opportunity to participate in our New Graduate Registered Nurse program.
Benefits of becoming a Student Nurse Tech with us:
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- Manageable caseloads
- Applicable clinical experience in an acute rehabilitation setting
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Full-benefits package for full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability.
- Tuition assistance and professional development
Student Nurse Techs work collaboratively with our nursing (RNs, Nursing Assistants) and therapy teams to assist patients in their rehabilitation process.
On a daily basis you will:
- obtain vital signs
- help the patient with daily activities
- promptly answering call lights
- reporting any issues or progress observed
Our Student Nurse Techs encourage and support patients through the recovery process and gently guide them to reach their goals.
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aspetic practices is required
- Certification as a nursing assistant may be required based on some state requirements.
- This position requres the ability to communicated effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instrucions and to maintiain effective working relations with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates
- BLS required upon start
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.