Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) – Split High School/Industrial Setting
Experience the power of Athletic Training!
Select Physical Therapy in Orlando, Florida has a immediate need for a local Per Diem - PRN Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) for high school outreach contracts in addition to working with one of our premier industrial partners in the area!
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing athletic training services alongside the head ATC at a local high schools and injury prevention programming including: functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, post offer employment tests, and educational presentations under the direction of the Program Medical Director. Though newly licensed ATC graduates are welcome to apply, desired experience are ATCs with 1+ yr of industrial or high school outreach experience.
- As a team member, do you often find yourself in the position of guiding the decisions about what the team should do?
- Do you thrive when you work amongst friends in a truly collegial environment?
- Can you inspire and motivate others to achieve challenging goals and exceed expectations?
- Are you at your best when you are empowered to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your work day?
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients/customers above all else?
- Do you enjoy it when people depend on you for help?
- Can you communicate effectively with anyone at any time, no matter how busy you are?
If you answered yes to these questions, being an Athletic Trainer for Select Physical Therapy may be a great fit for you!
Hours Needed: PRN Typical hours needed of an Athletic Trainer. Some early mornings and some late evenings.
NATA BOC Certified
FL ATC License
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Compensation. Commensurate with experience. Starting at $22/hr
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy Associates and Select Physical Therapy are part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with over 1,800 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors, and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing injury prevention programming including: functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, and educational presentations under the direction of the Program Medical Director.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Preferred one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
High School and/or Industrial Setting Desired Qualification or Experience:
- Desired 1-2 years of experience in an industrial/occupational OR high school setting.
- Knowledge and an understanding of OSHA regulations and standards in first aid treatment in an industrial setting.
- Basic understanding of ergonomics and body mechanic assessment.
- Desired exposure and/or certifications in movement screens, postural assessments, and corrective exercises.
- Bilingual (desired but not required).
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.