Nurse Practitioner Inpatient LTACH
Critical Illness Revovery Hospital
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse / APRN
Per Diem/PRN/As Needed
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health care team, providing continuity in the care management of chronically critically ill patients. You will improve patient outcomes by planning care that will prevent complications, promptly identifying changes in patient condition, and intervening to stabilize patients. You will act as a resource and mentor to clinical staff.
- Constantly performs clinical obligations. Performs daily clinical rounds on patients and leads multidisciplinary rounds with the pharmacist and other direct caregivers for designated patients. Assesses patients, orders and reviews diagnostic testing information, formulates and alters clinical plans of care as needed including prescribing appropriate treatments and medications within scope of practice.
- Readily recognizes decompensation/changes in condition, and stabilizes patient and/or seeks appropriate consultation.
- Follows evidence-based practice guidelines and prevents complications associated with patient’s psychological and physiological well-being to the extent that is possible.
- Obtains and organizes data to assist attending and consulting physicians with admissions, consultations, progress notes, and discharges as needed, but responsibility for completion of documentation including assessment and plan rests with the physician.
- Demonstrates measurable impact in assisting the multidisciplinary team to provide safe and superior quality care by: increasing patient satisfaction, decreasing return to acute care events, preventing adverse events such as medication errors, falls, and hospital-acquired pressure ulcers. Champions nurse-driven protocols to decrease urinary catheter utilization rates and MDRO infection rates. Drives mechanical ventilation liberation rates.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Permanent State Registered Nurse License and Certificate of Authority.
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
- National Nurse Practitioner Certification (Adult, Acute Care or Family) through AANP or ANCC.
- BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge and skills related to the care of adolescent patients through patients in an advanced age.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.