Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Lincoln University
Full time position available for a Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer at Lincoln University!
$5000 Sign on Bonus!!
NovaCare/Lincoln University is looking for an Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) to assist the needs of the Sport Medicine Team. The ATC will work the NovaCare Sports Medicine Team to provide high quality of care to the student-athletes at Lincoln University. Applicants must be solid clinicians, communicate effectively, work well with others, be proficient in the use of EMR’s, and have experience with processing insurance.
Compensation: commensurate with experience, starting at $44,000
Schedule: Week days/nights; weekends
- This is a 12 month position
- PPO insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, company matching
- Up to 18 days of PTO to recharge your batteries.
- Select Medical offers a FREE CEU library that included modules, workshops, seminars and conferences. Come join our team and see how you can develop your career!
o Ability to work with healthcare professionals from a variety of disciplines.
o Proven experience working with healthcare providers.
o Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a diverse student population.
o Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
o Strong verbal and written communication skills.
o Computer skills, including demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
o Proven track record in building quality relationships.
o Ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
o Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
o Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
NovaCare is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, and SSM Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Seeks outreach opportunities and participates in events to promote the company (races, club teams, etc).
- Able to assist in the development of marketing strategies which lie within the athletic trainer’s area of clinical expertise.
- BS Degree REQUIRED, Masters Preferred
- Minimum 1 year of collegiate experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required (PA)
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.