Medical Office Manager
Medical Office Manager
Salary starting at $60,000 per year
Why work for Select?
We are committed to your growth and success!
-Career Advancement opportunities
-Competitive pay, benefits and PTO
-Eligible for referral bonuses
-Thorough orientation program
-Team oriented environment
IP CIRH/Rehab Medicare and Medicare Exhaust Manager coordinates and oversees the overall functions of patient billing, cashiering, patient accounts file maintenance, and claims and collections of patient bills under the general direction of the Director CBO. The position develops, implements, monitors and updates work flow standards, policies and procedures to ensure the productivity, accuracy and timeliness of CBO functions. The position also provides analysis and project management support to the Associate Director.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop department personnel in conjunction with company objectives.
- Develops and implements quality assurance and controls to ensure appropriate submission, billing, billing cycles, and payment cycles in accordance with established procedures and third-party requirements.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of electronic claim submission capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of current reimbursement policies and procedures of Medicare and private insurance payers.
- Recognizes and identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, to maximize quality and productivity of the CBO’s functions.
- Report on key performance indicators as well as recommend, counsel and coach for improved performance.
- Implement goals and operating standards for assigned functions in coordination with the Associate Director of Patient Accounting.
- Review of Supervisor and Lead daily activities to ensure all billing activities are in compliance.
- Participate in AR review calls on a monthly basis to review previous month activities, hold issues, missing information and any needed assistance as it relates to improving overall performance of the facilities in question.
- Review and approve attorney/litigation negotiations. Bankruptcy notices to Legal and proper adj. to AR.
- Conduct conference calls with Medicare fiscal intermediaries and maintain claims spreadsheet.
- Act as a liaison between the billing staff and EDI vendor to ensure accurate edits and other payer information are set up correctly to promote clean claims processing.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in patient accounting with general knowledge of central business office functions including accounting systems, credit, record maintenance, admissions, insurance bills and collections and budgets.
- Strong management, training, motivational and coaching skills.
- PC proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Superior communication, management and leadership skills with 2-3 years successful supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Healthcare Management or Business is preferred but not required.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.