The Sourcing/Procurement Specialist is responsible for the tactical/transactional/technical functions related to Procurement, Sourcing, and Contracting. This position supports the Sourcing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Receive and analyze Purchase Requisitions; Perform research and expedite Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders and issue to suppliers; Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents (spot buys) related to the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Manage Catalogs and their content within a S2P technology platform (or manual via internal excel spreadsheets) that serve as Formularies across the enterprise (Inpatient/Outpatient). This can include punch-outs or static catalogs.
- Assist the Sourcing Manager relative to reviewing, analyzing, gathering, modifying, and documenting procurement data and practices, as well as policies and procedures required to support efficient cost effective clinical and non-clinical operations.
- Assist the Sourcing Manager in conducting RFx/sourcing events through the entire process.
- Identify areas of fiscal improvement and savings opportunities through data analysis, product standardization, supplier consolidation, and contract utilization impacting corporate formularies.
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or related major required.
- One years procurement experience or equivalent technical/healthcare procurement related experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of ERP procurement systems.
- Basic knowledge of procurement sourcing methods and procedures, technique of specification writing, financial and accounting principles, and Total Cost of Ownership principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and organizational and mathematical skills.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.