Health Information Credentialing Technician - FT
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Health Information Management Technician (HIT) /Credentialing - Full Time
Mon – Fri (on-site)
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery.
Benefits of working as a Health Information Credentialing Tech with us:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- A network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
As a Health Information/Credentialing Technician, you will assist in the maintenance of timely and accurate paper and electronic records to meet the requirements for licensure and certification.
- Assembles, analyzes and processes records to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completion by medical staff within 3 days of discharge.
- Scans, indexes, and/or files paper and/or miscellaneous reports into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Performs release of information function and inquiries for health information requests
- Assists in preparing medical records for off-site storage and/or destruction of byproducts in accordance to corporate policies and procedures.
- Assists manager with credentialing responsibilities such as maintain up to date files for medical and allied, up to expirables.
- Works with CVO (credentialing verification organization) to obtain updated information.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Requires a high school diploma
- Two (2) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a health care facility
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.