Nurse Supervisor (RN)
Select Specialty Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
(San Diego, CA)
Nurse Supervisor- Full-Time Night Shift
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus
Rates starting at $51.29/hr
Who is Select Specialty Hospital San Diego?
Select Specialty Hospital is located in downtown San Diego on Washington Street. As a 110-bed free-standing Critical Illness Recovery Hospital, we treat medically complex patients who need more support before starting their road to recovery. Our team is dedicated to creating a safe and collaborative environment. We provide a comprehensive training program preparing clinical team members to treat and care for a wide variety of diagnoses and high acuity patients. Typically patients stay with us for 25-30 days, allowing our team to build rapport with patients and their families.
If you are ready for your next clinical leadership position, schedule a time to learn more about joining this team of dynamic nursing professionals!
Benefits of Becoming a Nurse Supervisor at Select Specialty Hospital
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The primary purpose of the Nursing Supervisor (RN) is to administer and supervise the clinical care being provided. You will be responsible for all safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation and handling disciplinary issues.
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned shift.
- Effectively managing resources and promoting a team-like atmosphere.
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a climate of learning.
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members.
- Implementing the staffing plan for your scheduled shift.
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the rehabilitation goals.
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs.
- Ensuring that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License.
- BLS required upon hire.
- ACLS required prior to completion of orientation.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.