Admissions Registered Nurse
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Partner
Admissions Registered Nurse (RN)
At our Rehabilitation Hospital our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking an Admissions Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
As part of the interdisciplinary admission team, the admission nurse performs initial patient assessments collecting data to form the basis of individualized plans of care in collaboration with the admission physician, physical therapist and occupational therapist.
- Performs a complete nursing assessment on patients as soon as possible after admission, but within 8 hours from the time of admission. Documents this information within the Admission Assessment Record.
- Ensures the data collected from the admission assessment forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Goals and interventions are developed related to the diagnosis and comorbidities of each patient and by collaborating with patient/family.
- Within the admission assessment, completes a thorough skin assessment. Captures all wounds by photograph, and accurately describes measures and stages wounds.
- Identifies teaching needs related to the diagnosis and comorbidities of each patient from the admission nursing assessment and by collaborating with patient/family, as well as the Interdisciplinary Team. Begins the education process.
- Provides a comprehesive orientation to patients/family regarding the rehabilitation process and time frames.
- Initiates/performs a complete patient Functional Independence Measure (FIM) assessment and records in accordance with the division policy.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding the patient’s status to the primary nurse, as well as the attending physician, Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse as appropriate.
- Assists with wound care program. Maintains wound care protocol by chart reviews and weekly update rounds as needed.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, keeps abreast of current departmental and hospital-wide policies and procedures and maintains ongoing communication with departmental managers to ensure delivery of safe, effective patient care in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments, patients and families. Demonstrates flexibility, team building, and promotes an efficient and positive work environment. Immediately refers problems to the Nurse Manager.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursues professional development through continuing education and self study.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Previous experience preferred.
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.