Hospital Cook, Per Diem/PRN
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
201 Pleasant Hill Road, Chester, NJ 07930
Hospital Cook - Inpatient Rehab
Shift Hours: Per Diem/PRN, 6AM - 2PM or 11AM - 7PM
(This includes weekends)
Must have experience!
Must be available on weekends!
Our rehab hospital in Chester, NJ (MORRIS COUNTY) is seeking for a Per Diem, Hospital Cook to join our inpatient division. The work schedule will require Thursday's and Weekends availability, hours are 6:00am - 2:00pm. This opportunity offers 16-24 hours weekly with the potential of more. Come join our team - APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of being a Cook with us:
- Pay rate: $19/hr
- Shift Differential
- 8-hour shift
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year cooking experience required.
- Culinary Arts degree
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Per Diem Requirement: Must be available to work 4 days per month, 2 must be weekend.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.