Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)
Per Diem position available for a Certified Athletic Trainer
at Temple University
NovaCare Rehabilitation/Temple University is seeking Certified Athletic Training candidates for per diem positions for their club sports teams. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that wants to be a part of a team that delivers a positive experience to their student-athletes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Injury & Illness prevention and wellness promotion; Examination, assessment and diagnosis; immediate and emergency care; therapeutic intervention; health care administration and professional responsibilities; shared responsibilities include budgeting, professional development, working knowledge medical documentation in an EMR, provide practice/game coverage for assigned teams, and design and implementation of athletic health care education.
Hours Needed: Per diem with club sports at Temple University. Week Nights and Weekends. Position includes our Continuing Education program with over 100 NATA accredited courses free to you. Position is for the 2022-2023 school year.
A Certified Athletic Trainer is involved in the Athletic Training Services program: coordinates medical coverage of contract school’s or professional team’s athletic events and practices, coordinates the access of healthcare for athletes at contract locations, and designs/implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of injured athletes.
NovaCare is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Seeks outreach opportunities and participates in events to promote the company (races, club teams, etc).
- Able to assist in the development of marketing strategies which lie within the athletic trainer’s area of clinical expertise.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.