Cisco Network Analyst II
Cisco Network Analyst II
(hybrid work schedule)
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is seeking highly motivated individuals focused on exceptional customer service to work within an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged.
- Do you pride yourself in delivering superior quality in all that you do?
- Do you treat others as they would like to be treated?
- Are you results-oriented and a team player?
- Do you take pride in finding resourceful ways of overcoming obstacles?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you!!!
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Cisco Network Analyst to support the day-to-day support of our network infrastructure in Select Medical’s hospitals, clinics, and administrative locations across the country. Our network operations team supports the network connections to 1,900+ locations as well as the wired and wireless networks within those locations.
The Cisco Network Analyst is responsible for delivering quality customer service while providing company-wide technical support for the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity. This position is responsible for the 24 x 7 support of Select’s network. Support includes investigating problems, determining the root cause and implementing solutions. The impact of these problems can span from a single application or location to company-wide. The Cisco Network Analyst must understand multiple technologies including wireless networks, routing protocols, Cisco SD-WAN; be able to work with and coordinate multiple internal groups and external vendors; and be able to resolve most problems with little direct supervision. This position is also involved in various projects and must maintain coordination and communication with other IS teams in support of the locations and their associated projects.
This position reports to the Manager of Network Operations and is based in Mechanicsburg, PA., with the ability to work remote as needed.
- Responsible for documenting, tracking, and monitoring incidents, requests and hotline calls to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitor and verify integrity and availability of all network systems that include communication circuits across the enterprise.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetable with user departments and the technology group and provides regular communication of the status of said projects.
- Identify trends, implement new solutions/processes that resolve customer issues and continually strive toward moving from a reactive state to a proactive state.
- Be able to diagnose, investigate, and troubleshoot problems reported to the network operations team and determine the root cause of the problem including impact analyst and corrective actions associated with network services and outages.
- Strong emphasis on providing continuous customer service and support improvements.
- Determine network infrastructure configurations needed to meet business requirements and deploy the equipment accordingly.
- Install network equipment in wiring closets and work closely with wiring contractors or smart hands staff to install other equipment as needed. Travel required for these projects as needed.
- Assists other IT support teams in diagnosing problems with applications using network logging and monitoring tools.
- Associates degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent educational /work experience.
- In lieu of undergraduate degree or technical school, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of work experience equals one year of College.
- 4 or more years of work experience troubleshooting large enterprise local wired and wireless networks and wide area network issues in a distributed environment.
- Requires periodic nationwide travel on an as needed basis when implementing projects as well as off hours support on a rotational basis.
- Experience working with Cisco wired and wireless networks in a multi-site organization including Cisco CLI; routing protocols, Cisco WAN using MPLS and Internet transports; Cisco SD-WAN; Cisco Prime; and DNA Center.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or other Cisco certifications dependent on CCNA route and switch.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Outstanding customer service skills; the ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company) with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in a Technical Operations environment including analytical and problem solving skills using infrastructure monitoring and management tools such as NetScout or PRTG a plus.
- Experience working with IPAM systems such as EfficientIP.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools such as Python and Ansible.
- Ability to write technical documentation and create reports and metrics as needed.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills a must.
- Must possess excellent time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a healthcare or clinical environment including network support for EMR, pharmacy, radiology and nurse call systems a plus.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.